[mythtv-users] Where can I find info about using DVB with MythTV

Steele Price steele at xtcp.net
Fri Aug 8 16:59:37 EDT 2003

I read this and it's a good start...
http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html

Here are the specs for the Twinhan/VisionPlus 1030
http://www.visionplus.com.tw/product_02.html

I also found that there is an updated BTTV patch that supports these cards.
http://ftp.nl.linux.org/linux/bk2patch/linux-2.4/Documentation/video4linux/b
ttv/SCCS/s.Cards

I am looking forward to getting a torroidal system setup with 6 dual LNBs
that will cover every channel I want with no dish movement.  specs on these
are here:
http://www.sat-city.com/DSH-WAVEFRONTIER-TOROIDAL/

We have come so far from the TVRO - C band days :)

My only wish now is for the MyHD linux drivers to get going, but after
experimenting with the Twinhan, this may be a moot point if the HDTV signals
come streaming down from sat with the same network channels I am looking for
(ABC for Alias, etc.)

I am still fighting with a few things to get my MythTV setup going in the
first place, I have an ATI Radeon and may have to just trash it from
incompatibilities, I have space requirements (using a shuttle PC) so I need
an integrated AGP capture card and the Twinhan is going in the only
available PCI slot.  Also, I haven't figured out which of the 3 remotes I
can use effectively yet, I have USB and Serial variants to select from.

I am planning a total reinstall of the myth family this weekend from source
since the deb files are a little wierd.

There really could be an easier installation system than what is available
now, but c'est la vis, maybe I'll write it and contribute it when I have
some free time.

Steele
http://xtcp.net