[mythtv-users] Post your hardware configuration

Joe V joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 14:11:44 EDT 2003

Here's my hardware configuration.  It's a bit of a
sub-par machine, since it's built with parts that I
had laying around.  Nonetheless, I'm able to record
shows, and watch live TV, with only minimal
disruption.  Once I get some money (i.e. a get a job),
I'll be upgrading most of the parts.

But, it gives you an idea of what is expected to run
MythTV.

Athlon 1.4GHz CPU
IWill KK266-R motherboard (discontinued)
512MB of PC133 SDRAM
20GB laptop hard drive (this will definitely be
upgraded, like I said, this box was built out of spare
parts)
Matrox G400 Dual-Head with TVOut (running at 800x600)
Soundblaster 16 PCI
Pinnacle PCTV capture card

-- Joe