[mythtv-users] saturation issues -- and where are the docs?

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Sat Aug 9 19:28:09 EDT 2003

I've been making progress with my Pundit 2.8G p4 w/ LeadTek tv2000xp.  I am
running an mpg-4 compression at 680x480 with the high quality options
turned off.  It's using about 50% of CPU to recored and playback at the
same time.  However, I am dissapointed about the video quality.  It
seems as if the saturation is way off.  I've read posts on being able to
adjust the constrast thorugh mythtv, but I've not been able to figure
out the controls nor have I found any documentation on how to adjust it.
(I've only been able to find docs on installing mythtv).

The video quality is also saturated in xawtv, but by adjusting the fine
tuning of the station to -2 or -3, then it looks much better.  Is there
any way to adjust the fine tuning in mythtv -- or the saturation (or
where the relevent docs are).

Also, the audio is not being bufferent (using loopback audio cable)
hence it's out of sync.  Though I've not tried tacking that problem yet,
and I'm sure that will be easier to find.

Thnx,
Reza