[mythtv-users] quick cpu spec questions

Paul Doe mythtv03 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 10 17:23:33 EDT 2003

I just subscribed to the mailing list and Ive been reading the posts as much
as i can, but i have a question on cpu requirements.  I know it has some
stuff in FAQ but who knows how old it is. anyways heres the Q:  If I get a
PVR-250, would a duron 600 w/ 512mb ram be able to handle the
encoding/decoding while watching live tv?  also i have digital cable in my
house and would it be possible to input the box into the card and use the
box to contol channnels and mythtv to record/schedule?  how would this work
exactly, has anyone done this?  plz help a noob out :)

thanks much!