[mythtv-users] mythgame doesn't show mame roms

Thorsten Scheuermann scheuerm at cs.unc.edu
Sun Aug 10 21:19:17 EDT 2003

I've been trying to set up mythgame, without much success. I have a number of
mame roms that work fine when I run "xmame <romname>" as the user that also
runs mythfrontend. However, the mythgame screen only shows Tuxracer in the pc
section. There's no mame entry. I've double-checked the mythgame settings and
paths a couple of times. I've dropped all mythgame-related tables from the
database and recreated them. Nothing seems to help. All this is on Redhat 9
using apt-rpm for installation (mythtv+mythgame 0.10).
Does anyone know what I'm missing?
Is there a way to get any useful debugging output from mythgame? I tried
running
"mythfrontend >mythfrontend.log 2>mythfrontend.err" but the files are empty.

-Thorsten Scheuermann