[mythtv-users] mythgame doesn't show mame roms

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Aug 10 21:32:48 EDT 2003

On Sunday 10 August 2003 08:19 pm, Thorsten Scheuermann wrote:
> I've been trying to set up mythgame, without much success. I have a number
> of mame roms that work fine when I run "xmame <romname>" as the user that
> also runs mythfrontend. However, the mythgame screen only shows Tuxracer in
> the pc section. There's no mame entry. I've double-checked the mythgame
> settings and paths a couple of times. I've dropped all mythgame-related
> tables from the database and recreated them. Nothing seems to help. All
> this is on Redhat 9 using apt-rpm for installation (mythtv+mythgame 0.10).
> Does anyone know what I'm missing?

The most likely thing is that the rom path or executible path isn't right, or
you may have a too old version of xmame -- I don't know how far back the
support goes..  I know you said you checked, but that's basically all I can
think it could be.  There isn't any debugging output you can enable, without
editing the code yourself and adding some.

Isaac