[mythtv-users] Re: Re: commercial skip/flagging - how well does it workfor you?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 10 23:14:55 EDT 2003

> Hmm, OK.  I did mean the station id/subtitle.  In Australia at least,
> it doesn't vary too much, so the logo is always in the same place and
> would be easy enough to look for in an image.  I guess it might be
> different in other countries.

very different in other countries.  In the US, it's up to the station.  some do,
some don't.  some do for some shows, or some commercials, or do it in the middle
of the commercial (splitting up a long commercial), or...  you get the idea.

I think the length threshhold is a great idea, though.  put in a max and a
minimum (since some times for me those station identifiers get blocked out as
commercials or not-commercials, breaking up a commercial, or extending it into
real-show).

-Chris