[mythtv-users] OT: No sound on PVR250 ...

Mark Blair mark at cfug.com
Tue Aug 12 08:12:08 EDT 2003

Yes, I know wrong list, but the IVTV list seems all but dead right now ...

I'm getting no sound while watching TV using a PVR250 (PAL B/G), it worked
with the old WinTV GO and still works fine with music ...

I found this information in dmesg when loading ivtv.o, which seems like the
problem but I don't know how to solve it.

msp34xx: I/O error #1 (read 0x10/0x200)
msp34xx: I/O error #2 (read 0x10/0x200)
msp34xx: I/O error #3 (read 0x10/0x200)
msp34xx: giving up, reseting chip. Sound will go off, sorry folks :-|
msp3400: chip reset failed

I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct msp3400.o (it's the only one in
/lib/modules/... )

I've tried everything I can think of ... searched google high & low for
answers with no joy ... anyone help me ?

cheers
Mark