[mythtv-users] Crash on playing transcoded recording -headerdamaged

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Tue Aug 12 01:51:53 EDT 2003

>I've tried saving as DivX 5.05 and also XVID but they both crash in the
>same manner.  Is there a problem with MythTV's libavcodec handling of
>recent-version DivX and XVID AVI files?    Or is it that because it's
>MPEG4, MythTV is making the assumption that it's an NUV-format file?   (and
>when I attempted MSMP4V2, it knew it wasn't NUV since it's not an option to
>record in that format with MythTV)

For testing purposes, I've put up a small transcoded clip.   I'm curious as
to what other people will see.
http://dormcam.org/snl_test.avi

The test procedure is:
1) rename an existing .NUV recording file to something else (.bak or whatever)
2) Copy the above AVI file to your MythTV store directory and name it the
same as the original one from step 1.
3) In MythTV's "Play Recordings" section, try playing (or live preview)
that recording which you have replaced.

Does your mythfrontend crash?   If not, have you done anything special with
your setup, or are you running a very recent CVS version of MythTV?

mplayer and all my other video apps seem to open the file fine.  It's a
pretty standard XVID mpeg4 AVI file.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help me out with this issue.
-WD