[mythtv-users] Newbie having problem with mythfilldatabase

Troy Schneider troy at schneiderfam.net
Tue Aug 12 18:56:27 EDT 2003

First of all everyone needs to know I'm a newbie to linux.  I have installed
Redhat 9 and followed Jarod's install guide the best I can.  I have a
PVR-250 and that seems to be working good.  When I run the mythfilldatabase
I get the following error repeatedly.

----------------------------------------Start of XMLTV output
---------------------------------------

parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XMLWriter.pm line 16

using config file /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv

/usr/bin/tv_brab_na: Config file /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv does not exist, run
me with -configure

Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file

Fetching data for Wed Aug 20 2003

Any help would be great.  I've been working on this for several days now and
I am getting frustrated.

Thanks

Troy Schneider