[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit question

Steve Davidson buzzdat1 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 21:40:32 EDT 2003

FWIW, I have had no problems with overscan using S-Video from my
pundit.  I've tried it with two sets (a 1990-vintage RCA 27" set and a
new Sharp flatscreen 27") with similar results.  Normally run at 640x480
since I only record at 480x480, but have tried 800x600 and 1024x768 with
no overscan problems.

Be sure to use the *latest* SiS drivers from Thomas W's site - the older
versions had some bugs (namely the "black bar on right side of screen"
bug, check the forum history).

Regarding noise level, my Pundit makes NO noticeable sound when on,
apart from the initial fan spin-up at system start.  I'm running a
diskless frontend with a 1.7 Celeron and 512 Megs of PC2700 DDR RAM.
I'm using an Intel Pro/100+ NIC rather then the onboard Broadcom adapter
for PXE boot capabilities.

My back-end is a 1.4 Ghz Athlon with 512 MB RAM and 120 GB hdd; capture
card is an old Hauppage WinTV PCI.  Funny how small 120 Gigs can seem
when you start capturing lots of video... :)

== Steve