[mythtv-users] Split front/backend question

Aran Cox spin at avalon.net
Wed Aug 13 11:38:09 EDT 2003

Unless your trying to save money on hard drives, why not just copy the
data from the backend to the frontend?  You could transcode them to
something smaller as well (well, I can't do that with RTJPEG files and
mplayer but maybe you'll have better luck and it certainly works with
MPEG4 files.)

You can use rsync to keep the backend in line with the frontend before
going on vacation or just use cp, or whatever.

I think you should look for a better solution than depriving your
backend of having a locally attached hard drive.