[mythtv-users] via EPIA 800 in a NeXT Slab

Larry Owen larry at scrudgeware.org
Thu Aug 14 11:12:16 EDT 2003

I want to build a frontend using my NeXT Slab case and a via EPIA 800
(http://www.logicalplus.com/viaepple180c1.html).  So, I have a couple of questions for the
list.

1) Is this board going to work? Specifically, Tv-Out & SPDIF audio.  I'm not concerned w/
hardware decoding, as this will be a frontend only.  I'm assuming the 800 MHz should
handle it.

2) I wonder if the NeXT power supply will work for this system.  There will be no CDROM.
Just MOBO and HardDrive.  AFAIK, the PS is 25W.

The Slab is a monochrome (turbo, I think).

Thanks,
Larry