[mythtv-users] MythTV core structure.

Steele Price steele at xtcp.net
Thu Aug 14 12:58:48 EDT 2003

I don't see how this makes you duplicate the functionality of any file
system technology, it would just use those as they apply to MythTV, such
as... frontend attaches to backend and all the file shares that go along
with MythTV are here in this table instead of having to seek out what they
are at a lower OS level, any changes made to the backend are immediately
reflected to the frontend.  I personally am using autofs and nfs for this,
but I still have to remember what the shared directories are on the server
or create symlinks to all of them.  Someone else may choose to use samba,
same scenario, you have to remember where everything is, this is of course
not a big deal until you start duplicating it on more than one frontend.  If
the front had a table of all shared directories for every module, I have
them split across different partitions, audio on one, video on another,
photos on a third and those may at some point all split onto different
machines.

Really, forking off a special branch to do this seems silly, but without TV
as a module it makes it really difficult.

Steele Price
CTO
Digital Dreamshop
http://xtcp.net