[mythtv-users] MythTV core structure.

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 14 16:18:46 EDT 2003

So now, not only would you introduce a dependency on NFS or Samba, but you'd
also like to make Myth be able to do NFS/Samba automatic client
configuration?  Sounds like a bit much.  I'd think it'd be much easier to
just extend the existing Myth backend resource serving (currently just
recorded program streams) to other file types, and update the plugin modules
to request files from the backend instead of directly through the file
system.  Isaac may not want to invest time in that, but he didn't say he
wouldn't accept patches.

-JAC