[mythtv-users] Re: Has anyone setup v4l2 succesfully?

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Fri Aug 15 10:10:35 EDT 2003

That's fine as long as the distro kernel supports your card.  I have a
SAA7134 based tv card that isn't (as of 2.4.20-19.9 (redhat)).  The
maintainer at bytesex.org says that
due to the backporting that RH does in their kernels the v4l patch won't
work with them.  He suggests that you use a vanilla kernel instead.
Unfortunetly then you lose all the goodes e.g m/b hardware monitoring
included in the distro release. I failed miserably with 2.4.21 to patch
this in.  I guess I'll just have to wait until 2.6 comes out.  Does
anyone have a .config for 2.6-test* for an athlon that works?