[mythtv-users] Xv

Steve B. steve at browsermedia.com
Fri Aug 15 14:34:09 EDT 2003

How did you determine the "grabdisplay" was your problem?

I also have a Matrox G450. I could not get xawtv to work unless I used
the -noxv (or something similar that disabled xv) option. Otherwise, I got
segfaults. I am new to Video Cards and tuners, especially in a Linux
environment, so I am at square-one in tracing dow this - or any -
problem.

On my computer here (at work) I see that xvinfo includes an entry
"operations supported". On my 3DFX card it only shows "PutImage".
Is this where we need to find "grabdisplay" listed? I will try it on my
mythtv box when I get home.

So far, I have got MythTV to show my videos and weather. I am also
patting myself on the back for getting the zap2it patch working.
TV is going to be my next hurdle. Perhaps it is serendipitous that I
saw your post. Please share any findings you make with this
list (as will I).

Steve B.