[mythtv-users] Import/export shows from database question

Poul Petersen petersp at MATH.ORST.EDU
Mon Aug 18 19:03:00 EDT 2003

> -Finally, I edited goodimport.sql and got rid of the sections where it
> created the tables, since they were already there (because 0.11 is
> working fine).  I just left all the lines like "INSERT INTO ..."

	Instead of removing the create table sections, why not just
drop the tables from the .11 DB that you are trying to restore and then the
restore will work fine (since it will create tables that match the data
structure of the imported data, i.e. the upgraded format). Unless of course
you've got data in the .11 install you are trying to preserve.

	Alternatively, you could modify every insert line to specify the
column order, but that would sure be a pain. I don't know of any easier
way, not that there might not be one.

-poul