[mythtv-users] Re:Record now?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 18 22:55:52 EDT 2003

On Sunday 17 August 2003 14:52, Andy wrote:
> Bringing up an old subject.
>

> It could be set up so that if you're not
> currently watching, the tuner would change to your most favourite channel
> if it had no scheduled recordings to do, just in case you happen to start
> watching you could see a program from the beginning (and have a recording
> of it). The possibilities with multiple tuners and multiple favourite
> channels would make sure that when you started watching, you're likely to
> have your favourite shows already available to you.

I thought of a similar idea just the other day... define a favorite
channel(s), and have it record that channel if it's not doing anything else.
Multiple favorite channels would allow it to pick a program that best fits
within the time the tuner is not otherwise allocated, so that you'd only get
complete programs rather than partial ones.  As a matter of fact, this would
fit quite well even within the current scheduling framework, and I was
thinking of implementing it in the near future.

Comments?

-JAC