[mythtv-users] Mythtv lockup problem when changing channells

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 12:05:48 EDT 2003

> Is there anybody willing to help me out on this?  I haven't found
> anything in the documentation that talks about this nor have I seen
> anybody post anything like this the last month or so I have been reading
> the list.
>
> Kim
>

> > I have been trying to get mythtv up and running so far with no luck.
> > My system is an asus a7v8x motherboard, ATI Radeon video card (haven't
> > even tryed tv out yet),  bt 878 video card, onboard lan and ide
> > controllers, with redhat version 9. If I use the I beleive xwtv things
> > work fine and I can switch channells without any problems but under
> > Myth when I try to change channels the display freezes and it appears
> > that mythfronted freezes.  What log file should I look at to see if
> > there are any errors reported by mythbacked?

Have you tried running mythbackend from a terminal so you can check what is
output?
Also check your setup, in the "cardinput" table you should make sure the
"externalcommand" field is set correctly, if you are using an external STB
this should be set to a script such as "/usr/local/bin/change_channel.csh"
which will call lirc to send an IR signal to the box.