[mythtv-users] some issues with 0.11

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Tue Aug 19 09:50:33 EDT 2003

bstoneaz wrote:

> mythvideo
> - mythvideo refused to launch mplayer when I upgraded.  so I reinstalled mplayer and double checked settings.  now I usually have mplayer start correctly from mythvideo, but sometimes it results in a hangup.  myplayer and the front end lock up.   mplayer's last broadcast line says it's setting up lirc.  however, I can start mplayer from a term window without fail and I breezes past that same comment so it seems like something in mythvideo is amiss.

I had had this problem as well.  My solution was to put "xterm -e
'mplayer blaa blaa'" as the launch command for mythvideo.  It'll launch
an xterm, which will in turn launch mplayer (replace blaa blaa with all
the mplayer options).  This was the only way I could get it to work.

-Mike

--
Michael J. Sherman  |  Software Developer  |  Digital Sandbox, Inc.
"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who know binary