[mythtv-users] Fast CPU, DMA enabled on HD, Xv enabled, still getting pauses in Live TV

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Tue Aug 19 12:34:59 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 11:06 AM, Joe V wrote:

> Cedar,
>
> That's the thing...  I started off when a clean
> install of RedHat, never optimizing, and I was still
> having problems.  At that point, I figured that I'd
> try to "optimize the hell" out of it, so to speak to
> see if that fixes anything.
>
> I'll keep trying, see what happens with a different
> PSU and hard drive.  I thought that previously with
> this PSU that the hard drive was starting and stopping
> while the machine was running (although I don't recall
> seeing this lately), and that would definitely muck
> things up.

Well, in my mind that narrows it to either a hardware problem or a
strange hardware/software interaction. And by hardware problem, I don't
necessarily mean a broken part, but rather a part that doesn't play
nicely with your other components. The motherboard comes to mind as a
place to start. I'm afraid I don't have any more good suggestions,
other than to start replacing hardware components and seeing what
happens. If you have another computer you could temporarily install on
that would be ideal.
Again, good luck.

Cedar