[mythtv-users] Re: Redhat 9, Mythgame (0.10 and 0.11) and MAME

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Aug 19 13:17:37 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Joe wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 23:28, Keith C wrote:
>> I had this problem following Jarod's guide.  I found two different
>> ways
>> to fix it:
>> 1. Compile xmame myself. This was fine, but I never got full screen
>> working
>
> FYI, I found that I had to hack mamehandler.cpp to use '-x11-mode 3'
> rather than '-fullscreen' to get fullscreen with the new version of
> Xmame. Xmame-x11 no longer takes the '-fullscreen' option.

For Red Hat users, at least those using ATrpms and freshrpms binaries,
hacking mamehandler.cpp won't quite work. :)

The good news is that switching to /usr/bin/xmame.SDL works perfectly
in fullscreen mode without any extra work beyond changing your path
(and possibly quitting and restarting mythfrontend). This assumes
you've installed xmame w/ 'apt-get install xmame', which installs xmame
and xmame.SDL from freshrpms.

-jcw