[mythtv-users] RE: Commerical Skip problem

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Aug 19 22:03:50 EDT 2003

Since you're watching LiveTV, commercial detection hasn't been performed
yet like it would be if you were watching a pre-recorded program, so
Myth doesn't know where to jump to.  So, it pauses the video and tries to
determine where to jump to by searching forward through the video.  If it
can't determine where the commercial (or commercial break) ends, then it
resumes play at the point you hit 'Z'.

Are you using software or hardware encoding?  I have a couple ideas that I
can think of to look at but want to make sure.

--

Chris