[mythtv-users] getting 'Contrast -1%'..

Robert Quattlebaum darco at voria.net
Tue Aug 19 21:40:10 EDT 2003

Make sure that the "v4l" module is being loaded in your XF86Config file.

ie: In the "Module" section, you should have a line like this:

	Load	"v4l"

I had the same problem. My problems were solved when I added this
module.

Hope that helps.

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 06:53  PM, Aran Cox wrote:

> I just tried adjusting these values for the first time in .10 and now
> .11.  All it will say is -1%, but I can adjust it in xawtv as well.  I
> haven't tried setting the values in the table, but that would be
> tedious
> in the extreme.  I am using 2.4.20 + i2c 2.8.0 for the kernel.
>
> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 16:38, Reza Naima wrote:
>> I can adjust the values just fine in xawtv, so I'm assuming the
>> problem
>> is with mythtv.  I found the values in the channel's table, and tried
>> adjusting them there, but it doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> Reza
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:06:48PM -0400, Mike Wohlgemuth sent me
>> this...

>>> I've had this problem with all the hue/saturation/contrast/brightness
>>> controls.  It was a broken bttv setup.  In my case, any 2.4.20 kernel
>>> from Red Hat showed this behavior.  I didn't actually try a non-Red
>>> Hat
>>> 2.4.20 kernel, so I don't know if they all had the problem or not.