[mythtv-users] No audio when recording in mythtv .11

Ellen Spertus spertus at mills.edu
Tue Aug 19 23:18:36 EDT 2003

My mythtv system (built from Alex's RPMs using Jarod's instructions) was
working perfectly under mythtv .10.  My capture card is a Hauppauge
PVR-350.  My audio has been malfunctioning since upgrading to .11 (using
Alex's RPMs).  The exact behavior seems a little contradictory:

- "mplayer /dev/video0" works with proper audio
- "cat /dev/video0 > foo ; ... mplayer foo" works with proper audio
- Watch TV within mythtv works with proper sound, even if I press and
unpress pause (i.e., use Live TV buffering)
- The video settings for Default and Live TV are identical
- Recordings made from within mythtv have no audio (whether I specify
the Default or Live TV profiles)
- If I choose Watch TV after an unsuccessful recording, there is no
audio until I change channels (which used to occur only on first use
after booting)

Any ideas?  I'm particularly baffled by the different behavior between
buffering live TV and recording shows.

Ellen