[mythtv-users] manual recording problems

Joshua SS Miller joshua at fitsnips.net
Wed Aug 20 08:33:05 EDT 2003

When I start a manual recording odd things happen.  When I select the
manual record option the screen comes up as I would expect then starts
showing the liveTV and everything looks good.  I enter the name,
subtitle, and adjust the duration an select start.  This is where things
go odd.  The only thing that changes is that I can no longer select
start.  When I check the database I see:

Connection id:    70
Current database: mythconverg

mysql> select * from record;
+----------+------+--------+-----------+------------+----------+------------+-------+----------+-------------+----------+---------+------+------------+-------------+-----------+------------+
| recordid | type | chanid | starttime | startdate  | endtime  |
enddate    | title | subtitle | description | category | profile | rank
| autoexpire | maxepisodes | maxnewest | recorddups |
+----------+------+--------+-----------+------------+----------+------------+-------+----------+-------------+----------+---------+------+------------+-------------+-----------+------------+
|       12 |    1 |   NULL | 00:00:00  | 0000-00-00 | 00:00:00 |
0000-00-00 | NULL  | NULL     | NULL        | NULL     |       0 |    0
|          0 |           0 |         0 |          0 |
+----------+------+--------+-----------+------------+----------+------------+-------+----------+-------------+----------+---------+------+------------+-------------+-----------+------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

I installed via the cvs tree on 8/18/2003.  The system is a very weak
pII 400Mhz, with 128Meg ram, pvr-250, and only a 8 gig hd.  This is a
concept system while I wait for parts for the actual system I will use
but this problem does not appear to be hardware related as the system
runs OK at 320,320 just can not record!  Any ideas.  The mythbackend log
gives no help, nor does the frontend log created from mythfrontend 2>&1
>> frontend.log.

What did I miss?  LiveTV works, although since I use directTV and the
serial cable is also on order I have to manually tune it.

O yea this system is running knoppix 7-26-2003.  I have not updated
anything other then what is needed to get
mythtv,mythmusic,mythdvd,mythgallery,mythweb, and mythvideo installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joshua SS Miller