[mythtv-users] G400

Juha juhis at trinity.is-a-geek.com
Wed Aug 20 19:22:43 EDT 2003

Hello,

A few days ago, there was a discussion on the list about how to best use
a Matrox G400 card with MythTV. Well first a disclaimer, I don't know
what I'm talking about, just ideas, dreams.

The thing I'd like to do is to use DirectFB (http://www.directfb.org),
since it has great support for G400. And since MythTV, as I understand
it, needs X, use a MythTV ontop of XDirectFB on top of DirectFB
combination. Best of both worlds if u ask me (but then, read the
disclamer ;). Has anybody tried this? Is there some reason it wouldn't
work?

TIA,

Juhis