[mythtv-users] Off Topic -- ffmpeg

Matt Perry cwd at unshift.net
Wed Aug 20 20:30:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

Sorry to send an off-topic email to the list, but maybe some of you guys can
help me out.

I'm using ffmpeg to re-encode MPEG2 video from my WinTV-PVR250 card with the
following settings:

$ ffmpeg -r 29.97 -s 352x240 -ac 2 -qscale 4 -ab 224 -ar 44100 -y -i INPUT.NUV
OUTPUT.MPG

When I play this video in Windows Media Player, the 30 minute video shows up
at roughly 1 hour 24 minutes.  During playback, video and audio hang for a
few seconds at seemingly random intervals.  This video is also un-editable
with TMPGEnc.  It plays in mplayer just fine, though (shared libs?).

Any ideas why?  It has me stumped.  Either Windows' MPEG1 codec has problems
(which I would sort of doubt, seeing as it's been around so long) or ffmpeg's
libavcodec is having some issues.

Thanks, and sorry for sending an off-topic mail, but the ffmpeg lists are of
little use.

	- Matt