[mythtv-users] question regarding composite vs. television inputs

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Thu Aug 21 09:58:08 EDT 2003

I'm just throwing this out here to see if anyone else has this issue.  I
have my video input *only* on the composite input on my TV tuner card;
The coax input is unused (AT TV Wonder VE).  I setup myth correctly, and
most of the time it works properly.  However, I've noticed that about
1/10th of the recordings for some reason try to use the coax input, so
all I get is the green screen with some static for the duration of the
recording.  It really does seem to be random, and I'm guessing about a 1
in 10 chance of this happening to my recordings.  It's a shame 'cause
it's like I'm playing Russian Roulette and I never know if the one show
I *really* need to be recorded will just be blank when I get home.

Watching live TV always works fine.  Oh, and this has been happening for
months, and I upgrade to the current CVS about once a week and this
issue still happens.  Just happened yesterday with a new CVS, too.

Does this happen to anyonen else using only composite input?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

--
Michael J. Sherman  |  Software Developer  |  Digital Sandbox, Inc.
"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who know binary