[mythtv-users] Recommended PCI video out cards? (was:Re: Output with a TV card?)

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Aug 21 10:21:18 EDT 2003

At 09:12 AM 8/21/2003 -0700, Harold Martin wrote:
>bug.trap.mtview.ca.us id h7LGGPWJ023221
>
>I thought that the VE could only do input, I just wanted to be sure. My
>problem is that the box I'm building on only has a PCI slot (no AGP).
>Could you recommend a PCI card that does video out?

"Recommend" is too strong a word. But I have used an nVidia PCI-slot card,
with (SVideo) TV out, that worked fine with the proprietary nVidia X driver
and my TV display. My notes identify this card as an "Asylum MX 420 64 MB
PCI card." After a rebate, it was pretty cheap, so it was probably a closeout.