[mythtv-users] mkmovie problem (MPEG patch for 1.0.1)

Russ Southern russ.southern at cox.net
Thu Aug 21 15:22:58 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 02:52:25PM -0400, Dana J Hata wrote:
> Ok, I ran the patch on the /usr/bin/mkmovie script.  And it looked more
> like it succeeded.  Unfortunately, when running mkmovie and encoding, I
> get the exact same behavior.  Here is the output -->

OK, I see.  My patch is only intended to kick in when you have a cutlist.
(I never bothered to test without a cutlist, since I always trim leading
and trailing space, commercials, etc. and wanted to take a minimalist
approach to changes.)

On line 1005-1006 of the patched mkmovie, remove the "if @cutlist" and try
again.

If mkmovie does not work at all on MPEG files without these changes, I'll
update the patch to always check for mpegs...

Let me know how it works.

Russ