[mythtv-users] Getting Rid of Input

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 21 16:29:14 EDT 2003

I think we have a mis-communication here...

Isaac, I think what he wanted to know was 'how do I suppress a channel that
was automatically configured through XMLTV when I ran the backend setup?'

Ray, what you need to do is find the XML file for your video source.  It
should be in ${HOME}/.mythtv/<sourcename>.xmltv (where ${HOME} is for the
user that runs mythbackend and mythfilldatabase).

Simply open up that file and comment out ('#' character) any channel you
don't want.  It will no longer get program data for that channel.  Now, to
keep the empty channel from showing up in your EPG, you need to drop it from
the database.  Try the following:

	% mysql mythconverg
	mysql> select chanid, channum, name from channel;

This will list all the channels in your database.  Note the 'chanid' value
for the channel(s) you want to remove.  Suppose the chanid is '1050' (FYI,
that's channel 50 on video source 1).  You would then do:

	mysql> delete from channel where chanid = 1050 ;

Now the channel won't show up in your EPG, and since you commented it out of
your XMLTV file, it won't get re-added next time you run mythfilldatabase.

Good luck!

-JAC