[mythtv-users] script to delete files that aren't in the database?

Dane Kantner webmaster at dddane.com
Thu Aug 21 14:57:34 EDT 2003

Not sure if this should go to this list or dev...

Has anyone written a script that will loop through the .nuv/.png files in my
directory, check the database to see if they're referenced, and delete them
if not?

I am having terrible disk full issues.... and keep deleting recordings
manually.... but something just doesn't add up.  So, last night I was
digging around and found a few recordings that weren't on the "delete
recordings" screen... I suspect they probably had been deleted by either the
mythfrontend, mythweb, or (most likely) mythweb2 in the past...and the
database entry was deleted but not the file itself.

Also, as a side thought... does the mythfrontend delete the corresponding
.png file (that would've been created by mythweb?) ... the size of these are
trivial, but I'm just curious.

-Dane