[mythtv-users] xbox frontend

Adrian Burden aburden at onegeeksopinion.com
Fri Aug 22 18:15:10 EDT 2003

Hi Dennis,

I am running into a snag with the usb-xboxir module, can you suggest
something.

I have copied it over to root,
rmmod usb-xboxir - module not loaded
Insmod /root/usb-xboxir.o
Seems to load ok.
I then run mythfrontend, and the remote does nothing.

I am running the latest xbox version uncompressed on f:

Cheers...

> > I am going out to get a remote today and will give that a try.
>
> James was nice enough to compile up a working module. See

http://www.jameswhite.org/~james/usb-xboxir/

Since you are using the compressed version, you will have to put the new
module somewhere writable, like say in /root inside the myth.tgz
archive. Then create an initscript that rmmod's the old version and
ismod's the new version from /root. If you need help with this let me
know.

Dennis