[mythtv-users] Various issues, notes

Roy Hooper rhooper at toybox.ca
Sat Aug 23 01:04:55 EDT 2003

Dennis Lou wrote:

>From: Roy Hooper <rhooper at toybox.ca>
>

>>Note #8:
>>Don't bother with the K7S5A PRO's onboard
>>audio for input.
>>...I couldn't make the onboard audio work
>>reliably for anything much.
>>

>Odd.  Mine work great in a monolithic system
>(both input and output, sometimes simultaneously)
>using Debian Woody and ALSA.
>
>What distro/drivers are you using?

Debian, Alsa, MSI Geforce MX440, 13gb ide and 20gb ide...
ATI TV Wonder VE
Creative Ensoniq 128 or somesuch
Custom 2.4.21 kernel
I was having problems with dependancies and such so I stopped relying on
prebuild packages and rebuild from source and haven't tried again since.
I was also having problems with DMA that I have resolved since as well.

Roy