[mythtv-users] Failed to bind to port 6543

Cal chuck at liderbug.com
Sat Aug 23 12:22:06 EDT 2003

Ok, I reran setup and put it back to 6543 with 127.0.0.1

    # mythbackend
    Starting up as the master server.
    Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
    Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
    Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
    Probed: /dev/video0 - Compsite3
    QServerSocket: failed to bind or listen to the socket
    Failed to bind to port 6543

I don't have a lock in /var/lock I do get /D4/store/nfslockfile.lock
which I remove.
Same thing.  Lets see if I've got this right:

mysqlshow mythconverg
Database: mythconverg
+----------------------------+
|           Tables           |
+----------------------------+
| capturecard                |
| cardinput                  |
                 <snip>
| transcoding                |
| videosource                |
+----------------------------+

   1. did the configure, make, make install
   2. setup - general =
         1. 127.0.0.1
         2. 6543
         3. 6543
         4. 127.0.0.1
         5. 6543
         6. next
         7. /D4/store
         8. /D4/store
         9. 5
        10. 50
        11. no autorun
        12. next
        13. NTSC
        14. none
        15. us-cable
        16. -0600
        17. finish
   3. Capture card
         1. /dev/video0
         2. /cdv/vbi
         3. /dev/dsp
         4. 44100
         5. tv
         6. std v4l...
         7. finish
   4. Vid source
         1. tv2000
         2. NA xmltv
         3. 80908
         4. local stations (short list vs diretv :-/  )
   5. Input Con
         1. /dev/video0(tv) tv2000
               1. /dev/video0
               2. television
               3. tv2000
               4. -
               5. -
               6. finish

   6. |mythfilldatabase|
         1. ||... 80908, be patient..
            double checking channel information, be patient..
            writing listings to /tmp/mythhLgx9d
            Day 2003-8-24 schedule for station 2 KWGN has:26 programs
            Day 2003-8-24 schedule for station 4 KCNC has:26 programs
            ...  ( still slower than a seven year itch ) (sorry, "HER"
            is hogging bandwidth)
            Grabbed 607 programs on 20 channels over 1 day(s) in 68 seconds
              not too bad, that's 8.93 programs/sec and 3.40 seconds/www
            page
            Nice going, you're running the latest release of XMLTV
            ... (sigh)  8-25 ... 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31 ......
            Nice going, you're running the latest release of XMLTV
            ------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
            Adjusting program database end times...
            76 replacements made.
            [root at chuck setup]#

    # mythbackend
    Starting up as the master server.
    Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
    Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
    Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
    Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
    QServerSocket: failed to bind or listen to the socket
    Failed to bind to port 6543

Don't know what else to send.
Tks