[mythtv-users] Newbie question

Albert Santoni GameGod at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 24 16:10:54 EDT 2003

Well, if you're willing to give it lots of hours, then yes.
I wasn't that acquainted with Linux when I started...
Make sure you pick a good distribution to work with (NOT REDHAT 8, like I
did.... bad idea.)

Learn to use google groups. Undoubtably stuff won't compile all the time, so
you need to know how to troubleshoot compiling problems....
If you know a little C++, it always helps, because you kinda know what the
compiler errors mean, and where the problem may lay.

... and those basic UNIX commands are a good start. :D

Good luck,

Albert Santoni