[mythtv-users] recording every _day_ vs recording every week typo

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 24 19:06:06 EDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 06:50:40PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > I'm hitting 'enter' or the space bar.
> >
> > Fwiw, the mysql entry for gilmore girls immediately after I hit
> > enter on the 'record this program in this timeslot every week' option
> > from the program guide is:
>
> > | recordid | type | chanid | starttime | startdate  | endtime  | enddate    | title         | subtitle             | description | profile | category | rank | maxepisodes | autoexpire | recorddups | maxnewest |
> > |       74 |    2 |   1012 | 19:00:00  | 2003-08-26 | 20:00:00 | 2003-08-26 | Gilmore Girls | Happy Birthday, Baby | Lorelai is busy rebuilding the inn when Richard surprises her. |       0 | Drama    |    0 |           0 |          1 |          0 |         0 |
>
> That shows a type '2' which is daily timeslot.  Can you try scheduling it
> as something else to see if it saves correctly?  The list of types is
> in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/scheduledrecording.h at the top.

Changed it to anywhere/anytime, and the type changed to 4, which matches
what scheduledrecording.h says it should be.

As soon I changed it to 'record every week in this timeslot, it switches
to 2.  'on this channel' switches it to 3..  'only this showing' switches
it to 1.  I just can't seem to get it to go to 5.  :)

So, it appears that the display is going as it should be.  However,
selecting the 'do it every week' part doesn't...

> > I've tried removing the scheduled recording and adding it again, and it
> > remains the same.  I'll be happy to provide any other info that I can.
> > I'm now running the latest cvs.  (not even from a few days ago.  :)
>
> When you re-added it, did the data look the same in mysql?

Yep.

> > Ahh.. I just discovered something interesting..  If I'm in the program
> > guide and hit the space bar on gilmore girls, I get the description
> > screen as described above, but at that point, I also get the following
> > on stdout..
>
> Can you add a line like this:
>
> 	programtype = pginfo->IsProgramRecurring();

Adding this line did not fix the problem.  It still behaves the same
way.

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Email: kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute