[mythtv-users] Transcoding without sound card, no audio?

MegaDeTH megadeth at geekopolis.com
Sun Aug 24 22:55:57 EDT 2003

I've got a master/slave setup, the master doesnt actually do anything,
no TVcards in it, but I had threading problems with the main server, I
do this to avoid that problem.

The master server can transcode no problem, audio works fine.

Running the exact same command on the slave box produces video, with no
sound.

The slave box has no sound card, the master does, does the transcoder
require a sound card?   if so, any way to loop it so it's not needed?  I
didnt see any errors in the kernel logs, ie looking for /dev/dsp etc..

Here's a sample, works perfect on the master, no sound on the slave..

mythtranscode -c 6047 -s 2003-08-19T22:00:00 -p Transcode -d -l