[mythtv-users] mythbackend: Couldn't find input: Television on card

Ben Arwin mythtv at arwin.net
Sun Aug 24 23:26:30 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm using a PVR-350 with the Myth .11 RPMS on Redhat 9.0.  Everything is
from RPM except the ivtv drivers I installed manually.

Everything seems to be working great for watching liveTV, scheduling
recordings, etc, etc.  I thought I was good to go but the backend seems
to have a problem still.  When it comes time to record a show that I've
scheduled, it throws an error when changing the channel.  In the logs
(/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log) it says:

Couldn't find input: Television on card

It then starts recording on whatever channel I last left the tuner on
while watching live TV.  I don't have an external cable box or anything,
I'm using the tuner on the pvr card.

Has anybody else had any experience with this or know what I might be
able to do to configure the backend to change channels properly?  The
frontend has no trouble changing channels normally.

Here's a more detailed run down of what hardware/software I'm using:

PVR-350
Redhat 9.0 with kernel 2.4.20-8
Via M10000 Nehemiah

RPMS:
libmyth-0.11-28.rh9.at
mythtv-backend-0.11-28.rh9.at
mythvideo-0.11-27.rh9.at
mythtv-0.11-28.rh9.at
mythtv-frontend-0.11-28.rh9.at
mythweather-0.11-27.rh9.at
mythtv-suite-0.11-29.rh9.at

If there are any config files or logs that anyone thinks might help, let
me know.

Much thanks in advance,

-Ben Arwin