[mythtv-users] [OT] GeForce 2 Overscan?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 11:56:56 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 14:03, Owen B. Mehegan wrote:
> I installed nvtv, and it does do what I want it to, but it can only be
> run when I am running X as root, and when I exit and log into X as
> another user, the changes I made with nvtv go away. I was under the
> impression that one should only run Mythtv as the mythtv user, so how do
> I use nvtv with it?
>
> /Owen
I would not change the permissions on any of the /dev/'s.  The best way
to do it (IMHO) is to get "sudo"
then I added a file named nvtv-settings to my
~mythtv/.kde/Autostart/ directory that has the following

#!/bin/bash
sudo nvtv -t -S NTSC -r 800,600 -C SVHS -s Large#

of course, the nvtv settings are whatever you want them to be...

BTW, if anyone's interested I also have a link to mythfrontend in
there...

-jose-