[mythtv-users] harddrive suggestions?

and hons at rcn.com
Mon Aug 25 10:23:00 EDT 2003

I just fried my new 120gb maxtor diamondmax plus 9 last night while
trying to improve the airflow around it....It got incredibly hot when
even moderately in use...almost so hot that I couldn't touch it. Too
hot actually ho close my mini-itx case.

I'm now looking for one that wont get as how and I was wondering is
someone would have a recommendation. I need a ata/udma133 drive that is
not too expensive at a decent size for Mythtv. I have a feeling that
the 120gb disk was great, but maybe a little excessive and an 80gb
might be plenty for a mythtv/music combined front/backend machine based
on epia m10000.

I also did my last installation based on debian woody (hard to get via
video driver to work), with custom xfre86e and kernel, but I was
wondering if I might be better of with another distro such as
redhat-9.0 as VIA only supplies drivers for redhat mandrake and suse.

Any suggestions?

thanks
anders