[mythtv-users] radeon tv out

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 20:56:38 EDT 2003

Make sure when you install the GATOS drivers that you
install the "devel" branch.

I tried getting TV-out working on an All-In-Wonder
Radeon card, and while TV-out was working, I couldn't
do anything useful with it.  The reason is that I had
to link with XFree86 4.2.0, and Red Hat 9 is based on
XFree 86 4.3.0.  I then tried dropping to Red Hat 8,
and still had troubles (MythTV segfaulting).  I
managed to get things sort of working by recompiling
X, Qt and other packages.  A complete pain though.

I also have a Matrox G400 card, and got TV-out working
with it fairly well.  I'll probably buy a scan
converter at some point just because setting up the
framebuffer is a real pain in the butt.

If you wish to continue, good luck.

-- Joe