[mythtv-users] Slave Backends

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Tue Aug 26 08:05:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have just installed a second Hauppauge PVR-250 on my network.  I now
have:

1. A master backend which runs mythbackend (not connected to any TV).
2. A frontend which is connected to a TV.
3. A slave backend (based on the new tuner card) which is the same
   machine as 2.

Everything configured and setup without incident.  However, I am now
trying to confirm that it is working.  While the master backend was
recording a scheduled program, I tried to play "live-tv" on the frontend
machine.  But it still display the error message:

    "Mythtv is already using all available inputs for recording"

Am I incorrect in assuming that the system should play live-tv on the
new tuner (slave backend) even though the backend is recording?

What would be a good way to test that MythTV is using both tuners
properly?

Thanks,
Dick