[mythtv-users] can I use xine (VeXP) instead of mplayer in myth?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 26 15:31:04 EDT 2003

Unless you're copying your recorded TV programs (.nuv) into your mythvideo
storage directory, the files that mythvideo plays are most likely .avi,
.mov, or .mpg movie files that you've put there (or ripped from mythdvd);
you can use any player you want for those (Setup->Video->Player).  Myth does
not use mplayer to play .nuv files at any time.  When you play a recorded TV
program, that's Myth's own internal player.  You can't change it.

-JAC