[mythtv-users] nova-t hardware encoder?

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Tue Aug 26 20:42:56 EDT 2003

> I just bought a Nexus hoping for precisely this; decoding support to speed
> up transcoding to xvid.
> As soon as I get it massive testing of MythTV transcoding, etc. will take
> place then edits/patches to better support things to follow.  DVB is the
> future for sure, analog recording is so passe... :-)

Hmm, very interesting idea!  You will need a custom program I think to pump
data through the decoder.  I'm not quite sure how xvid will handle it either
without writing the raw avi to file since I guess that seeking won't work
without some tweaking

Very neat idea anway, especially if you are prepared to do a little bit of
coding.  Interesting to see if it actually gets you much speedup though
since most of the time is probably spent encoding rather than decoding.
However, every little helps I guess.