[mythtv-users] can I use xine (VeXP) instead of mplayer in myth?

Scott Blomfield ScottB at Cavps.com
Tue Aug 26 16:40:26 EDT 2003

You can't. Live TV and recorded show play back does not use Mplayer. It
uses internal code. Let me repeat that, because you've already been told
this and still felt the need to ask again:

You cannot choose an alternative program to play live tv or shows that
you recorded with MythTV. The only thing you can choose an alternative
for are MythDVD and MythVideo.

Please read the replies to your questions before reposting.