[mythtv-users] RE: Two Bugs in Mythtv v0.11 & Two Usability Requests

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Aug 26 16:44:50 EDT 2003

Todd Greene wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Two bugs in Mythtv 0.11 (and in previous versions as well):
>
>(1) The frontend hangs or crashes if the backend is not running.  It would
>be nice if the frontend detected the backend being down, and gave a nice
>error message.  (I also noticed that the backend is crashing more in 0.11,
>but I haven't figured out when yet).

I agree ( on both parts ).  Would it be possible to have the frontend
wait for the backend to come back?  I dont have a keyboard on my xbox,
just the dvd remote.  I have to go the to backend machine, restart the
backend, ssh into the frontend and restart mythfrontend.

I can crash the backend at will using mythweb2.  About every 10 clicks I
make in the web interface the backend will die.  I am willing to collect
any debug info if someone would tell me what would be helpful.

Michael