[mythtv-users] MSI MX440SE-T and Overscan, Best cards for NTSCTV-Out

Roy Hooper rhooper at toybox.ca
Tue Aug 26 21:12:31 EDT 2003

Jeff Williams wrote:

>Well sounds like you have the Nvidia decoder chip, and NV17 is right too (that's the GeForce 4 MX series)... you have pretty much the exact same card I have, with the exception that yours is PCI and mine is AGP.  I don't see why that would make a difference to the overscanning capability of the card.  The options you're using in XF86Config are also the same as mine with the exception that I don't specify the TV standard (you generally don't have to), but again I don't see how this would affect the overscanning.

Actually, its AGP too!  I'll try removing various options one at a time
and see.

I had success in nvtv (CVS) setting reg2c = 35 and reg31 = 1408 plus
scaler_h=699 and scaler_v=239 and overscan=945

>If I get time tonight I'll compare my debug log to yours and see if there's any notable difference - offhand I can't really say anything as mine has always just worked so I've never checked my debug log before (and am not experienced enough to tell what's going wrong without comparing the two).

Will keep you posted as I try more things.  Just knowing someone with
the same card had success with overscan got me to try more things.

Roy